The Forest Growth Hub, linked to the central Gloucester Growth Hub, is due to open at Vantage Point Business Village in Mitcheldean in Spring 2020.
Before then, the Forest of Dean Entrepreneurs are working in partnership with Vantage Point to:
A timetable for these events is:
- February 27th – first Brexit seminar, with a focus on No Deal
- March 6th – business breakfast, with talks on Brexit and also apprenticeships
- March 13th – second Brexit seminar, looking at practical responses for individual businesses
- May 8th – business breakfast followed by the Forest Enterprise Fair
- July 3rd – business breakfast, with a review of Forest Economic Partnership initiatives
- September 25th – business breakfast, looking at Brexit, the Local Industrial Strategy, and the new Forest Growth Hub
- November 20th – business breakfast, looking at what businesses would like to see in the revised Forest of Dean Local Plan
- January 29th – business breakfast, looking at what businesses would like to see from the new UK Government
These events have been taking place on a Wednesday at Vantage Point Business Village, but have been put on hold due to the present circumstances. The planned business breakfast to be attended by Mark Harper MP to discuss support for Forest businesses has been postponed, and will be rearranged when circumstances change.